These rules are applicable to any and all giveways (a “giveaway”) hosted on the website www.techgeartalk.com (“Tech Gear Talk”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN A GIVEAWAY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCES OF WINNING A GIVEAWAY.
- Eligibility. Residents of the United States (excluding all territories) ages 18 and older are eligible to enter a giveaway.
- Entry. During the time a Promotion Period (as defined in Section 3), visit the Tech Gear Talk website. Entry is made by entering a valid email address and all required additional information in the Signup widget on the giveaway page. A valid email address must be used. Limit: Only one entry may be made per individual whether or not different email addresses, identities, registrations, log-ins, or other methods are used. If multiple entries are determined to be made by the same individual, that individual may be declared ineligible. Use of any automated system to enter is not permitted and will result in ineligibility. Participation in the giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules.
- Deadline. To be eligible for a giveaway prize, entries for the giveaway must be submitted after the giveaway begins and on or before the deadline stated in the giveaway post (the “Promotion Period”).
- Winner. A randomizer will pick a winning entry, so long as that entry meets the eligibility requirements and otherwise complies with the Giveaway Rules.
- Notification. The winner will be notified via the email address provided with the entry within seventy-two hours from the entry deadline and/or on a Giveaway Winner video.
- Claiming Your Prize. The winner must respond within seventy-two hours of notification or forfeit the prize. If the prize if forfeited, another entrant will be selected via the random number generator used by the randomizer. Only five subsequent drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
- Limitation of Liability and Release. Tech Gear Talk, its writers, and contributors are not responsible for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, or by any programming, equipment, software, or network associated with or utilized by the giveaway, (b) lost, late, or undelivered entries, (d) computer, communications, or other technical or electronic related malfunctions or failures of any kind; (e) any unauthorized human intervention in any aspect of the entry process or the giveaway; (f) any human or technical error in the administration of the giveaway or the processing of the entries; (g) any injury, damage, or loss to persons or property caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the giveaway or receipt or misuse of any prize. If an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or ineligible, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry into the giveaway, if possible. Entrants to a giveaway release Tech Gear Talk, its contributors, and writers from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action relating to claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages resulting from or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, misdelivery, or acceptance of any prize.
- Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND ANY OTHER TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- Laws. A giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
- Comments. Responses may not be disparaging, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, unlawful, or libelous, or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights. Tech Gear Talk, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to remove any response that are determined to be unlawful or in violation of these rules.
- Prizes. Prizes are nontransferable. Winner may not substitute the prize for cash. Prizes may be substituted at Tech Gear Talk’s or the sponsor’s sole discretion, for a prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entrants.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in a giveaway constitutes the winner’s consent to use the winner’s name and prize information for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Entry dispute. In the event of a dispute regarding the ownership of a winning entry, the natural person associated with the email account listed in the entry will be deemed the winner. In the unlikely event that a winning number is duplicated, or a similar error occurs, another random drawing may be conducted. Decisions made by the Tech Gear Talk are final.
- Suspension of Giveaway. The giveaway, or any part thereof may be canceled, suspended and/or modified or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Tech Gear Talk’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the giveaway, as determined by Tech Gear Talk in its sole discretion. Tech Gear Talk reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of a giveaway or to be acting in violation of the Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of a giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Tech Gear Talk reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Tech Gear Talk’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- YouTube Giveaway. For all contests promoted via YouTube, you must have your subscriptions be public so that we can verify your subscription status.